We are returning to FLINT Feb. 26th Meeting with other Grass root organizations Did you know that:
• For almost two years, there has been a water crisis in Flint, Mich. The problem has been gaining more and more attention over the past few months, and on Jan. 16, President Obama declared a state of emergency for the city.1 in 6 adults experience food insecurity each day in America (food insecurity means “consistent access to adequate food is limited by a lack of money and other resources at times during the year.”)
Did you know that:
• Many people in this Rust Belt city have been consuming tap water contaminated with lead, which is a powerful neurotoxin. Lead poisoning can produce lifelong health effects, and developing children who are exposed to lead even at low levels are at risk of brain damage, behavioral problems and learning disabilities.
Did you know that:
• The issue stems from a money-saving measure for the impoverished city, where 41 percent of the 100,000 residents live at or below the poverty line.
Although we have many of our own issue here at home that Urban Geoponics strives daily to resolve through economic, education and health programs. We only feel the issue with Flint Michigan is not only their issue but our issue as well. This a time we need to show our growth as a community and not think of just of ourselves but others who our less fortunate and powerless. So let’s lend a neighborly hand by donating water at the below location. We will make sure it is delivered and distributed to those in need February 26th . Thank you for your ongoing support in helping us reach this goal and showing that our reach is not just local but anywhere there’s a need. ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE
HOW TO HELP: Drop off the below at: 1507 West 16th Street Jax. Fl. 32209
1. Water bottles, gallon jugs and larger containers of water
2. Cash donations (paypal ) Diallosekou1@gmailcom
Diallo- Sekou, CEO/President (706) 284-9808
Ishmael Muhammad , National Executive of Operations (904) 874-2654
Urban-GeoPonics & The Kemetic Empire are excepting donations in the form of cash & water. We are available to make pick up. We will be leaving Jacksonville Friday January 29th 2016. To drop off andeliver water where it is needed .Join us , send anyone that wants to be apart. Contact 904.874.2654 Ishmael Muhammad or Diallo-Sekou 706.284.9808
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE for Paypal ( Diallosekou1@gmail.com)